Dan’s Custom Golf Shop – About Us
Dan Connelly – Owner
Professional Accreditation’s and Awards
True Length Technology® – Awarded – ‘Best New Fitting Idea’
Presented at the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals (AGCP)
Annual Round Table Sessions in Georgia, USA – December 11, 2007
Dan Connelly – Developer & Owner:
- True Length Technology® Fitting and Assembly System
- True Frequency Technology® – Raw Shaft Profiling system measuring 50 – 75% of the raw shaft length. Resulting in a very consistent set of shafts prior to the build.
- 2001- Certified by The Ralph Maltby Clubmaking Academy in professional assembly and repair
- 2003 – Certified by The Ralph Maltby Clubmaking Academy in professional clubfitting
- 2004 – Dan was invited to attend Ralph Maltby’s Master’s Program in Ohio, becoming only the 3rd person in Canada to obtain this status. This is the most elite clubmaking program there is. Only available to individuals who have proven their ability is of the highest regard
- 2004 – Wrote the Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA) Exam – earning both the professional and advanced certifications – the highest available levels for club builders
- 2005 – Developer & Trademark owner of True Length Technology® fitting system. True Length Technology® puts every club in the same relative hand position utilizing the proper length and lie for the individual.
- 2005 – Certified Rifle Center – Frequency Matching Rifle golf shafts. Rifle is now part of the True Temper Family of Golf Shafts
- 2007 – Professional Clubmakers’ Society (PCS) – Certified ‘Class A’. Presented my technical paper – True Length Technology® – at the PCS annual expo in Louisville Ky.
- 2007 – Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals (AGCP) – Instructor and member – Awarded ‘The Best New Fitting Idea’ – by the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals (AGCP) Round Table Sessions
- 2008 – Certified 36 Professional Clubmakers at the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals (AGCP) Round Table event on November 5, 2008 as Advance TLT Clubmakers
- 2009 – Developer & Trademark owner of the True Frequency Technology® advanced shaft profiling and sorting system.
- 2016 – ACCRAU – Certified as an ACCRA golf shaft fitter and builder. ACCRA golf shafts are a Canadian company and of exceptional quality with a number of PGA Tour wins
- Metrologist – (20 years) with General Motors Regional Engineering Centre in Oshawa. As a Precision Inspector, Dan operated CAD systems, coordinate measuring machines, and high level inspection tools on a daily basis. All part of holding the J.D. Powers “Best In Class” which has been awarded to General Motors on many occasions. Proud to be a General Motors employee (now retired) and represent their complete line of quality cars and trucks from the quality side of Engineering.
- Held the position of chairman (2 years) for the Association of Coordinate Metrology Canada (ACMC) based out of the National Research Council in Ottawa. This is a group of individuals devoted to correct metrology practices at the highest level. Colleagues include university professors, scientists, world renowned physicists and dimensional experts from around the world.
- High level CAD technician, trained by both General Motors University (Detroit Mi), and Origin International (Markham ON)
- High level Metrology technician specializing in LK Co-ordinate Measuring Machines – trained in Michigan
- Graduate of Durham College (1980) from the 3 year Mechanical Technology Program.
Our commitment to the advancement of golfers is second to none.
Dan’s Custom Golf Shop is a family owned business which is based out of a small shop at our home in Hampton, Ontario. My wife, Marianne keeps the flowers in full bloom and is available to take messages. Our 2 sons, Jay and Eric, helped build the new addition to the shop allowing us to now have a ‘Fitting Studio.’ Most importantly, we all are True Length Technology® product testers, which has helped turn a theory into a reality.
The Fitting Studio is now fully stocked with 16 mini sets of left and right hand fitting clubs.
- 4 irons are at 58* of lie
- 7 irons are at 61* of lie
- Pitching wedges are at 64* of lie
- Now all golfers will be able to test a long, mid and short iron, confirming that their TLT Fit is correct.
True Length Technology® is not a Single Length system!
You gain the benefits of a Single Length set by maintaining a singular athletic address position. But you gain the advantage of corrected variable length clubs.
“My long irons are too long and my short irons too short” will be a thing of the past.
True Length Technology® is based on a 100% math modeled approach. Through a series of measurements and testing of the TLT mini sets, we have the ability to:
- build completely math modeled True Length Technology® sets
- retrofit your existing set to have an identical hand position for every club – True Length Technology®
- help you develop a very consistent swing plane
- promote more on center hits
- improve the overall playability of every club
True Frequency Technology®
If you want to understand how your golf clubs will perform you need to understand the profile of each shaft (stiffness). This involves collecting data over the length of the shaft and not just simple butt frequency.
True Frequency Technology® will result in unparalleled consistency and feel throughout the set. The software will help identify the 3 key stages of a golf shaft
- butt frequency: how stiff the shaft will feel relative to swing speed > higher swing speeds require a stiffer butt frequency
- mid frequency: overall swing tempo, transition and timing > faster requires a stiffer mid section
- tip frequency: release position > a stiffer tip section will reduce the spin where a weaker tip will increase the spin
- improved performance
- superior feel
- unparalleled directional control
- more on center hits.
Congratulations on Your Master’s Status Dan, Ralph Maltby
Ralph Maltby, Founder of The GolfWorks
The Masters class is the highest technical accreditation program available in the game today. Ralph Maltby’s ‘Clubmaking Academy’ is recognized among the world’s most elite golf equipment experts.
Fitting outside the traditional box – The concept of True Length Technology® from clubmaker Dan Connelly
Why Choose Dan’s Custom Golf Shop?
With a background in Mechanical Technology, Metrology and Quality Assurance, you can be sure that quality will be a focal point. With a well documented list of Golf Certifications you can be sure your set will be fit and built correctly.
True Length Technology® has gained respect within the golf clubmakers community. The Award winning fitting system is now currently used in 18 countries by over 200 Registered golf clubmakers.
Appointment are required.
Please consider visiting the Fitting Studio when looking to improve your equipment to the True Length Technology® math model.