Dan’s Custom Golf Shop – About Us
Dan’s Custom Golf Shop
Dan Connelly is the owner & developer of
- True Length Technology®
- True Frequency Technology®
Professional Certifications and Awards
True Length Technology® was Awarded the ‘Best New Fitting Idea’ by the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals in December 2007
- 2001 – Professional assembly and repair – Maltby Clubmaking Academy
- 2003 – Professional clubfitting – Maltby Clubmaking Academy
- 2004 – Master’s Program – Maltby Clubmaking Academy. This is the most elite clubmaking program available and is only offered to individuals who have proven their ability is of the highest regard.
- 2004 – Advanced / Professional – Golf Clubmakers Association (GCA)
- 2005 – Developer, Copyright & Trademark owner of the True Length Technology® fitting system.
- 2005 – Certified Rifle Center
- 2007 – ‘Class A’ Club maker – Professional Clubmakers’ Society (PCS)
- 2007 – Presented the technical paper ‘True Length Technology®’ at the PCS annual expo in Louisville Kentucky.
- 2007 – Presenter / instructor – Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals Round Table Event
- 2007 – AGCP Awarded – True Length Technology® the ‘Best New Fitting Idea’ – AGCP Round Table event
- 2008 – Certified 36 Professional Clubmakers at the Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals Round Table event as Certified True Length Technology® Club fitters
- 2009 – Developer, Copyright & Trademark owner of the True Frequency Technology® shaft profiling and sorting system
- 2016 – ACCRA golf shaft fitter and builder through the ACCRAU program
- Metrologist (20 years) – Precision Inspector with the General Motors in the Regional Engineering Centre in Oshawa.
- J.D. Powers “Best In Class”, which has been awarded to General Motors employees on many occasions. Proud to be a General Motors employee (retired) and represent their complete line of quality cars and trucks
- Association of Coordinate Metrology Canada (ACMC) – Chairman (2 years). Based out of the National Research Council in Ottawa, this group of individuals were devoted to correct metrology practices at the highest level. Colleagues include university professors, scientists, world renowned physicists and dimensional experts from around the world
- Advanced CAD CAM technician, trained by both General Motors University (Detroit Mi), and Origin International (Markham ON)
- Advanced Metrology technician specializing in LK Co-ordinate Measuring Machines – trained in Michigan
- Graduate of Durham College (1980) – 3 year Mechanical Technology Program.
Our commitment to the advancement of golfers is second to none.
Dan’s Custom Golf Shop is a family owned business which is based out of a small shop at our home in Hampton, Ontario. My wife, Marianne keeps the flowers in full bloom and is available to take messages. Our 2 sons, Jay and Eric, helped build the new addition to the shop allowing us to now have a ‘Fitting Studio’. Most importantly, we all are True Length Technology® product testers, which has helped turn a theory into a reality.
Fitting Studio – every golfer of every size can now be fit properly
The Fitting studio now offers 16 mini sets. These mini sets will help confirm a proper length and lie for the proposed build. These sets are used to test and confirm both:
- your athletic address position
- that the long, mid and short irons will all conform to your personal athletic address position.
True Length Technology mini sets
- 4 irons are at 58* of lie
- 7 irons are at 61* of lie
- Pitching wedges are at 64* of lie
True Length Technology® has the ability to fit a giant of a man as well as a petite women. Plus children’s charts are now available.
True Length Technology® Fitting System
True Length Technology® is not a Single Length fitting system!
Single Length golf clubs and True Length Technology® are not the same!
- Single Length golf clubs have one athletic address position and one club length only. Loft is the only difference as all clubs are built around an 8 iron length
- True Length Technology® also has only one athletic address position, but you gain the advantage of a variable length set. The length and lie are mathematically correlated relative to your size
- Traditional OEM sets are 1/2″ length difference between each club, but with random lie angles. Their math is incorrect.
“My long irons are too long and my short irons too short” will be a thing of the past.
True Length Technology® is based on a 100% math modeled approach.
Through a series of measurements, testing and confirming with the TLT mini sets, we have the ability to:
- build a complete math modeled True Length Technology® set just for you
- retrofit your existing set to have an identical hand position for every club – True Length Technology®
- help you develop a very consistent address and swing plane
- promote more on center hits
- improve the overall performance of every club
True Frequency Technology®
If you want to understand how your golf clubs will perform you need to understand the stiffness profile of each shaft. This involves collecting data over the length of the shaft and not just butt frequency.
True Frequency Technology® will result in unparalleled consistency and feel throughout the set. The software will help identify the 3 key stages of a golf shaft
- butt frequency: how stiff the shaft will feel relative to your swing
- mid frequency: overall swing tempo, transition and timing
- tip frequency: release position
Endorsements from both Ralph Maltby and Tom Wishon
Congratulations on Your Master’s Status Dan
Ralph Maltby, Founder of The GolfWorks
The Masters class is the highest technical accreditation program available in the game today. The Ralph Maltby Clubmaking Academy is recognized among the world’s most elite golf equipment experts.
Fitting outside the traditional box – The concept of True Length Technology® from clubmaker Dan Connelly
Why Choose Dan’s Custom Golf Shop?
With a sound background in Mechanical Technology, Metrology and Quality Assurance, you can be sure that quality will be a focal point. With a well documented list of Clubmaking Certifications you can be sure your set will be fit and built correctly by a Master Level golf club maker.
True Length Technology® has gained acceptance and respect within the golf club makers community. This Award Winning fitting system is now currently used in 18 countries by over 200 Registered golf club makers.
Appointments are required at Dan’s Custom Golf Shop
Please consider visiting the Dan’s Custom Golf Shop Fitting Studio when looking to improve your equipment.